Not after the pop-event they just did the last almost-72 hours, to end in about six.
Several of the uncommonly-played Kindred Crest/High Kindred Crest Battle Circles were severely augmented this weekend.
Every boss monster in the BC (and, for the Dragon Scales one in Chamber of Oracles, that meant two sets -- and for the three beastmen KC50s in each of the BC areas just out of towns, that meant four sets) dropped some version of the following:
- A Mog Kupon S (full set of seals for any one +1 Empyrean armor upgrade) -- this sometimes would be a Mog Kupon L (Lumoria Sea Torque drops), and even an A was in there someplace (AV!!!)
- A Monstrosity Mog Garden drop -- either a Monarch Beetle Saliva or a Golden Seed Pouch
- Most of the time (at least until I had the full set), an Ancient Black Magic scroll would drop.This is where the situation often got fun... Very common substitutes for this included:
- Phalanx (taking the value from about 1.9M or so on Leviathan and gutting it to basically 0) -- got three before I stopped trying to add to that number
- Raise III (taking THAT value from about the better part of a million to about 0)
- Utsusemi: Ni (same drill)
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL
4. High-end Geomancer spells, both of Black Magic and Geomancy
5. The two big-ticket Provenance Watcher spells, Arise and Meteor. Got an Arise on Saturday night.
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL
- A crafting item. This could be anywhere from a Saffron Blossom, to a Scarletite Ingot (the latter WAS 11,000,000 gil on Leviathan, until the undercutting bitches halved the price, possibly permanently). Yes, I'll have one to hold on to for a bit...
- Often, a food item of some value would drop, usually either Dragon Meat or Hydra Meat (cratering at least the latter's price).
- A +2 Empyrean item/Walk of Echoes drop of some sort. This could be anywhere from a Card/Coin/Stone/Jewel to a Frayed Pouch. A Heavy Metal Pouch was claimed to have dropped.
I mean, if this wasn't the...
PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE LOG IN SO WE CAN JUSTIFY THE CONTINUANCE OF FINAL FANTASY XI THROUGH AT LEAST THE END OF THE FISCAL YEAR...
event, I don't know what is.
There have been times that servers on XI have reported under 300 players on -- of course, that would mean about 1 legit player, 50 alts, 200 bots, and about 49 bazaars.
November and the new areas (if we make it that long!!!) can't come fast enough.