Saturday, December 20, 2008

Not a good week, sadly...

And next week probably isn't going to be much better.  Jury Duty (though with a wireless connection -- FFXI at the courthouse??  :) ), Holiday Burnout (can someone please tell both me and my roommate when the holiday season is over?  Seriously, the way we're going, we might not make it!), and all the other stuff has kinda drowned out FFXI.

But, here's how the week went:

Sunday:  Part of Dynamis-Windurst.  Not a bad run -- not sure if they won or not, but had to leave before my friend's broadcast.  Promy animas were dead on the Auction House all week until they finally appeared to clean out today.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday:  Haven't had three so blah days in a long while.  First MMM run:  Bleh.  Basically cycled Fields of Valor-Xarcabard to 61 Dancer (and eventually 60 Dragoon).

Wednesday Dynamis:  People need to show up on time.  Period.  We're lucky we're not losing zones to RMT or something with how late we get.  Not enough DD = no chance at Bastok.  Sunday might just be an attendance day (and, if it isn't, it's probably Dynamis-Xarcabard anyway).  Probably taking a week off to get more people on the Dynamis LS.

Thursday:  Another online idiot sends my friend to the edge for the sixth time in three weeks (as if the Post Office isn't fucking around enough).  If this shit don't stop, someone is going to get f-ed up seriously.  And if these punks online want to take that as a threat from me, go right the fuck ahead.

I've had it.  I've had enough of watching this world get taken over by a bunch of fucking punks who would more likely punch a homeless man on a bench (and that's happened to me too!!) than help anybody.  It's all about being more bad-ass than anybody.

Straight outta Rikers, punks.  Straight outta Rikers.  You don't want none.  I've taken far worse than any of you.  And it's only by the grace of God I'm still here to help my friend.

There's a reason I call anything talking about my friend's experience (or mine) which bring us both to the breaking point "Those Who Fight Further".  It's getting there.  And, if they keep pushing, and I ever get into that space that I was in on Memorial Day of 2007 (don't ask), pray I still have something to lose, like I did then.

Friday:  Group of 5 runs at MMM.  I win 2 runes in my Lootbox.  Woo hoo...

Saturday:  A Besieged gets me close to 57 Red Mage.  Farming in the Promies.

Next week:  God only knows...

No comments: