Friday, August 21, 2009

Another thing I've suspected: Someone screwing with the lot system??

Especially as I began to take a look in to Dynamis and end-game, I began to see how important the lot system is to advancing in end-game.

And I've always had a suspicion that someone is hacking the lots for them or against everyone else...

Tonight, I have been witness to one of the weirdest things I've ever seen: 8 Campaign spoils in the lot pool. I get NO LOTS OVER 400.

The odds of that actually happening in real life?? .065%

That is one chance in over 1500.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chaos theory suggests otherwise.

Though, in all seriousness, I think everyone in this game has had some sort of wild luck with lots at one point in their lives. Me, I'd likely throw sub-100 for every lot on that set. =)

Starcade said...

Why can't that "wild luck" go the other direction? :) :)

Seriously, I do, however, wonder if someone actually does tamper with the lots, at the least for their own advantage -- as important as the lot system is to end-game gear advancement...

Anonymous said...

Its been proven that your pc clock's current moment in a cycle(A) determines the value that is sent to the server to process a lot value. Lag between is the other(B) variable as your value is compared to the servers current cycle to get your lot(C).

Some people have created loting bots that can get you 850+ 90% of the time. Lag hiccup's account for the 10% that fail.