Thursday, March 14, 2013

I just realized something last night in yet another argument I've had with Leviathan's elite...

Got into it again -- no trouble this time.  Just got into it again.

Oh, which of the big-time Leviathan players was it this time?

Well, no matter for the moment.  If his name comes up again, I'll edit or mention it later.

What's important is something I realized:  He had the same "I pay my money, I have the right to play the game how I want." routine.

Well, got news for you:

No you don't!!

A player has no right to play the game at all, except under the terms the absolute owners of the game, Square-Enix, set forth.

If a player's play is in contradiction with that situation, he does not have the right to play the game the way he so chooses.  He does not have the right to bot the game, hack the game, use an illegal user interface to the game, or gain advantage by any of those or other known or unknown exploits!

I'd love to stand around and call people out and basically take names and addresses of some of you motherfuckers for when the shit finally DOES hit the fan.

I don't have the right to play the game like that.  So I can't.

This is why I've had to crack the ol' "book", 100 Ways to Go "There" Without Going "There".

(No, it's not an actual book, but should give you an idea of what I'm trying to go with here.)

The fact is that Square-Enix grants you a limited license, where the players (except when it politically suits them) claim unlimited license.

Kinda reminds me of how piracy has killed my love for anime!

Shall we make it the end of my love for the Final Fantasy franchise too?

No comments: