Tuesday, March 5, 2013

There are days I wonder if I should've stayed in jail...

Wow.

I think I had to run into two of the biggest troll douchebags in Final Fantasy XI history tonight.

Needless to say, what they want, they eventually got:  Dwb and Nepptunez have been GMed for at least two charges, harassment through trolling and purported admissions of the use of Parser.

I guess I should rewind this to about 3 1/2 hours ago.

For only the second time in about three months, and because I was bored after a (Old) Nyzul climb was aborted at 40 for the night, I decided to join a Voidwatch group.

It was a Pil group needing a Dragoon, and there you go.

Unfortunately, Dwb appeared as the last person to join the group, at least by my view of the alliance.

The wins were uneventful and almost too fast.

It's what happened around them that got things rather agitative:

You see, the _moment_ Dwb and Nepptunez see me in the group, they're trying to drive me out.  They fail.  They feel I am so weak that it would be better for the alliance to go with 17!

But it literally is constant, and, after the first kill, they start purporting Parser usage.  Given their linkshell, I would not be shocked.

And both players claim XBox usage, and I think they are lying through their teeth.

This continues for the rest of the run, and I try to hold tongue before I get tossed by the alliance leader for the exchange.

Fortunately, that doesn't happen.

I get in another of my shout wars, and that goes predictably.

Then we "take it to tell".

Basically, they're refusing to understand one very fundamental problem:

If my presence in the alliance is so damaging to the alliance (even as a Relic (and a 90 Relic at that) DRG) that it would be better to not have me there (news to me, it seemed like I was proc-ing Polearm the entire set!), that's illegal under the User Agreement.

3.2  Disruption.  You may not in any way disrupt or interfere with the Game experience of other players, including the disruption of SQUARE ENIX’s computers and servers.

Note that this DOES NOT have a limitation to physical computer/network disruption.

This is a point I've been making since my 24PB back several months ago:  If I am perceived, as a non-Windower player, to be so weak that my presence in the game hampers other players, that is actionable under User Agreement 3.2.

About an hour to an hour and a half of tells later, I get to the precipice of wanting to punch them out.

I believe I stop just short.  I got as far as:

In response to a comment of "I'm a man.  I can handle it."

saying:  "Unless you are willing to handle this in-game with a GM or to meet me real-life and address it there, I don't think so."

I realized I could go no further without a direct threat.  So they got what they wanted.

I would like to threaten people.  For the last 15 years, I have come to the conclusion that only the threat of violence prevents violent conduct.  Law, in and of itself, is a threat of violence.  Where I come from, violence was the ONLY law.  You fucked up, YOU GOT FUCKED UP.  That's how Lower 1 and 3 worked on the Island.  It got bad enough, you get killed.  Sometimes very brutally.

The fact is, and one player very correctly noted this to Square-Enix directly shortly before my banishment from the Official Forums in 2011:  I'm basically a threat to anyone I come into contact with.  In any social situation I am in, the potential exists for violence, at any time.

Hell, I got so pissed off at a security guard two weeks ago for fucking me over he had to put me on the ground (and the only reason it got there is because I knew better than to give him what he wanted -- though I definitely wanted to punch him hard) and call the cops.

I don't give a fuck.  I really don't.  Most of the people here (and that's as much in my locality as it is on Final Fantasy XI) are so far beyond help that only two options are left:  Within or outside the law.  What makes me angriest is that I still have to (because of considerations completely outside FFXI) try to operate within the law, when it is clear that I believe that a lot of the people administering it have been compromised, hence operating in that manner does limited, if any, good!

You let these little troll shits run Adoulin like they've tried to do the rest of XI, and they will finish killing the Final Fantasy franchise.  These little shits who are your audience, Square-Enix, have done more damage to the Final Fantasy franchise than anyone save the abortion of a Development Team for Final Fantasy XIV.

I don't play this game to make friends.  I do it to spite people like these motherfuckers.

I make no secret.  We met face-to-face, and it would be on.  Again, they have no regard for anyone but themselves, so that regard has to be forced, street-style.  I just have to (and it's becoming harder and harder) keep it within the limits.

And that's what makes me angry:  Those limits are more to keep my butt-cheeks spread while my principles get violated -- principles I must have to prevent some very bad things from happening soon -- to let the socially-accepted motherfuckers in this game basically do what they want.

Fuck the lot of them.

No comments: