Monday, June 22, 2009

Hey, I finally get a human being on the GM end...

For the first time in what must be at least 20 GM calls, I finally get a human being to talk about the damn RMT bullshit with -- I've been on about an hour, and have gotten TWO of these fuckers (in the middle of a Monday morning/early-afternoon!).

I think it was good to express to someone official my utter frustration with the flagrance and the garbage of this going on. I truly believe (as I told the GM):

1) The phishing that has been reported and cautioned to the players is probably being done by the same sites.

2) That these sites have literally thousands of characters on each server -- we now know that the most flagrant (at least that I've seen) advertising site has power-levelling and account-buying motifs too.

They need to treat this as theft and SHUT THE WEBSITES DOWN. Otherwise, they win.

But it was good to actually talk to somebody -- I realize they can't always do that, especially with the amount of RMT spam that is coming across the servers (see 2) ), but it's good to finally express the damned concerns that I believe we have.

I mean, it's gotten so bad that a player actually suggested Square-Enix sell gil and the like for FFXIV, much to the chagrin of many.

Let me ask you: How many people (not characters) do you believe, out of the total number in the game, are RMT? I would think the answer is more than most might think...

1 comment:

Volkai | Alex said...

"Let me ask you: How many people (not characters) do you believe, out of the total number in the game, are RMT? I would think the answer is more than most might think..."

People? Hmm... Maybe 2%, tops. RMTs use large numbers of multiple accounts simultaneously. With Gardening exploits before it was dealt with, I could see one 'player' easily using two to three dozen accounts, if not more. That significantly cuts down the Player-to-RMT-Employee ratio.