Monday, September 28, 2009

Oh, where do I begin? Exploits, Cheaters, and Idiocy Gone Mad...

Let's see if I can get through this post while I am arguing the finer points of the jackalopes which continue to pollute FFXI (welcome to my blacklist, Linsivi -- you basically come out and tell me that the game is no fun without Windower and then deny using it??? WTF are you smoking?)...

Don't believe me? Here's two MORE examples of exploits which should get people banned:

-- Modus Veritas and Absolute Virtue. It has long been my position that Absolute Virtue CANNOT BE LEGITIMATELY KILLED. So, in yet another attempt for the cheating idicocies to continue to run over the corpse of FFXI, someone came up with a chart stating that AV could be one-shotted if an alliance of SCHs could land at least 9 Modus Veritas' and one Helix spell.

Anyone who wants to tell me that's an "intended use of game mechanics" is fooling themselves.

-- The new one today, basically, through the use of NPC timer-locks of various sorts, allowing a player or party to rack an infinite XP chain at any realistic time they chose to (or at least that's what it sounds like).

Is this what FFXI has degraded into?? Do we just have to cheat our asses off to make this game workable? The argument I had in WG seems to imply so...

I mean, can't anyone take the rewards given out during the pursuit of victory as only the side effect of victory??

Getting right down to it: Simply participating in Besieged to skill up could be cheating in and of itself. (Don't believe me? What _IS_ Besieged?? I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader...)

No comments: